Traditional Chinese Medicine Matt Power
Chinese Medicine: Maximum benefit with minimum input
Using the flexible and time-tested healing techniques of Chinese medicine. The aim being to fix what you want fixed, and give you the means of keeping it that way.
Your typical appointment will entail:
- Traditional Chinese Medical diagnosis that includes questioning, a medical history, tongue and pulse diagnosis.
- Massage and maybe cupping to clear superficial stress and tension, and to begin to get your qi moving.
- Acupuncture, the insertion of very fine stainless steel needles at specific points to stimulate and correct the flow of qi in your body, re-establishing healthy balance.
- Prescription of herbal formulas. Individualised combinations of herbal medicines to continue the momentum of the treatment. When I prescribe herbs we use the safest and most sustainable available, your health is our main priority and a healthy planet is part of that.
- Homework, usually in the form of advice on lifestyle, diet and exercises to help you take control of your health.
When life gets rough; energy is low, stress is high, sleep is poor, and getting through the day feels impossible; a few treatments can help smooth you out again.
At times of major life changes, such as pregnancy, childhood and menopause, I can provide support to make the journey as healthy and fulfilling as possible.
Many chronic problems respond beautifully to Chinese Medicine. These include: menopausal hot flushes, constipation, dry eyes, restless legs and even that sense of not feeling quite right.
Pain relief is one of the great strengths of acupuncture. The following respond rapidly to the massage, cupping, acupuncture and herbal solutions provided:
- Neck pain
- Acute and chronic back pain
- Various forms of cancer related and post-operative pain
Want to visit The Tree?
A practitioner of Traditional Chinese Medicine, registered in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine with both Australian clinical and Chinese hospital experience.
When I discovered and began learning Chinese Medicine in the early 90’s it was the seemingly incredible results and how apparently simply they were produced that blew me away.
Ever since then I have trained, read, had wonderful mentors and honed my craft continually, working to be as good a practitioner as I can. In the clinic I work with the client, helping determine their heath goals and finding the best way to achieve them.
Life is experienced, and your health is not an x-ray or diagnosis, my work focus is to help you enjoy your life more fully.
As a father of three I enjoy relating to and treating children. It is my belief that a healthy conception and childhood will pave the way for a healthy life and that often simple treatments or lifestyle changes can have far reaching benefits.
Helping couples improve their reproductive health before conceiving a child is the first way to improve the health outlook for the child and is another focus of my work.
My motivation is to help people achieve their health goals, be it having a natural birth, going a week without a headache, a spring without hay fever or a Christmas dinner without indigestion.
I am happy to assist with any problem, no matter how trivial or insurmountable it may seem. It is my genuine belief that everyone can benefit from Chinese Medicine. It is an essential part of self-care and a means to a well lived life.
My Focus is on getting the maximum benefit with the minimum input. The aim being to fix what you want fixed, and give you the means of keeping it that way.
To do this I use the flexible and time-tested healing techniques of Chinese medicine.